Cleaning Garbage Disposal Splash Guard

I am trying to clean the top of my garbage disposal splash guard. It is dull gray and I can't get it clean enough to make it look black again. Any suggestions?

By Nan M.

If you are talking about the black rubber piece that fits into the drain in the sink, you should be able to lift it out to clean or buy a new one at a big box store. They don't cost that much.

Mine doesn't lift out for cleaning so I just wipe it well daily with a large soapy dish rag but it is also probably years and years old so the color is simply going to fade over time and I've just learned to live with it. I suppose I could ask apartment management to replace it but I'd rather reserve repair requests for more important things.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJuly 8, 2011
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Celery and Banana Going into Garbage Disposal
Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
Clean garbage disposal drain.
Keeping Garbage Disposal Smelling Fresh
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:01:49 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.