Pull Cord on Lawnmower is Too Long

The starter pull cord on my lawnmower is a bit too long for my arm, so the mower is hard for me to start up. What can I do to simplify this? It's the only reason I dislike mowing!

By Bsvgs from Big Bend, WV

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Look in the end of the knob, there should be a hole where the end of the cord is knotted. You can pull the knob lower on the cord and re-knot it, thus shortening the cord.

Or, you can make a series of knots along the shaft of the cord. This makes things shorter. good luck!

Thanks, guy. I'll try the suggestions, as soon as the rain lets up around here in WV. Nica

pull start mower
Repairing a Lawnmower Cord
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersApril 28, 2009
Lawnmower
Lawnmower Blade Won't Turn
Lawnmower mowing long grass.
Choosing the Best Lawnmower Height Setting
Riding Lawnmower
Riding Lawnmower Will Not Shift Gears
A man pulling on a cord to start a lawnmower.
Lawnmower Cord Won't Retract
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:03:34 PM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.