Taking PicturesPhotos

Be Patient And Prepared For Photo Opportunities

contest winner icon

Keep a camera near the door and use a lot of patience to get shots of your feathered friends. This little fella posed for me for about ten minutes. He even turned for a profile shot when I asked him to. Certainly made my day.

By Travis from Columbus, OH

What a beautiful picture! Last year I had 3 hummingbird feeders hanging from the eaves of my home in front of my windows and I saw 40 at one time eating (if you can accurately count hummers!) or waiting to eat from them. I took numerous pictures and use one as my background on the computer. I love birds, too!

Reminds me of one of those wonderful "botanical" type paintings from the 1700's. What a lovely picture! ... It's not only suitable for framing, it's suitable for selling!

Pretty pic. So glad you shared with us. It's great that this little guy was so co-operative for you, what a ham!

And a note to Glenn'sMom...wow, our " hummers" are so territorial, they fight over two feeders and actually buzz each other. Guess their Mom's didn't teach them to share! We enjoy watching them, that is until another approaches "his" feeder!

HI, I have one of those birds living in one of my bird houses out back. Do you happen to now what kind of bird it is? I would appreciate if you could let me know! Thanks!

I am not sure I think he is a member of the camerahoggis flovk. He has been hanging around lately. I think its a sparrow as we have many types of them here. He always seems to be around when I have the camera out. I just hope he doesn't want paid for posing.

What a cute birdie picture!

The flower bush is nice too.

Congratulations on your winning photo!! He looks like a chickadee that's in our area. Pretty flowering bush, too.