Link: Free Low Income Cell Phone

You can get a cell phone for absolutely nothing. Go to to SafeLink Wireless It is for low income people, every month you get 80 free minutes.There is no catch, no hidden charges. If you lose the phone, they will send you another one for free. I just got my replacement phone.

Source: A friend

By moonseekerjade from Onset, MA

Editor's Note: Not available in all states yet.

I am truly happy for anyone who really needs this help is able to be approved for this program but please keep in mind that this company is making money off of the backs of all tax payers in all fifty states via a government grant to do this and only a bit of over one third of the United State states are able to receive this benefit through this company :-(

Amen to that! I could qualify for the free cell phone in NY but I prefer to pay for my own. As a cell phone isn't really a necessity and you do qualify for it, please respect the fact that your fellow citizens are footing the bill for it, respect that and don't lose it. Then we all will be paying for it twice!

Wow! What a great tip, thanks! Now I just have to wait for the offer to come to Cali. Thanks again!

Hubby and I qualified starting last month. I'm very grateful to be able to contact him in case he's out and something important comes up, or if he can't remember what he went to the store for, he can call home. I only wish there were a way to donate back the minutes we don't use - 68 minutes/month (the allotment in Ohio, where we live) is much more than we need.

On the down side: the phones are pretty small, since Ohio's provider is Tracphone, and since I'm visually impaired and hubby has cataracts, they're not exactly user-friendly for us. My general cell technology knowledge and our kids' help has been some good, though.

Cell phone sitting on top of a pile of change.
Saving Money on Cell Phones
Better Living Frugal Living TipsOctober 30, 2009
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
striped knit sock like phone pouch
Making a Cell Phone Holder
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards