Where Can I Buy Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth?

For those of you who are interested in this and wonder what the difference is, food grade diatomaceous earth (DE) is safe to eat and spread around the house, etc. Pool grade or the kind in pool filters, and is not safe to be around at all and is dangerous.Here is where to order food grade DE:

This is used for a wide variety of pest control needs, mainly fleas, etc, but also worms and other parasites, lice, etc.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Food grade is also available in "better" pet supply stores just for this purpose.

Cool website. Thanks Robyn.....just in time for ant season here!

You can buy food grade DE at most garden shops and feed stores. It can be used on/around pets, the only precaution is that it is a dust and should not be breathed in. Our local ch 3 Garden Guy spreads it with a 'puffer' that blows it easily.

Pat

Food grade diatomaceous earth is a wonderful asset for any home. As for myself, I have successfully used it to eliminate insect pests. I have also added small anounts of DE to cat food to rid them of any possible internal worms. DE is easy to apply to pets coat to prevent fleas & ticks.

Answer

Where can I find a retail outlet that supplies food safe diatomaceous earth?

By Arthur from Bronx, NY

What food use is there for diatomaceous earth? (02/23/2011)

By lindal

Check out your neighboring auto parts stores. The bags of 'stuff' they sell to absorb spilled oil are maybe just what you're looking for. Just make sure you read the content label. I did and diatomaceous earth was on the label.

I bought a bag to spread on sidewalk ice. It worked fine -- and Mourning Doves ate it! They know what's healthy. (02/23/2011)

By tomatohanger

earthworkshealth.com is where I ordered mine. Reasonable, When I bought mine lots of it was for sharing with dog and cat people so I bought 4 of the 2.5 pound gallon jugs for $23. Shipping/ handling was $15.32. That was in 4/10. Good people. They care and that stuff is amazing. I take it. Give it to my dogs, cats and birds. I even put it in squirrel and raccoon food. Read up on its benefits. It is a gentle fix. Don't expect overnight miracles. (02/23/2011)

By muttmom

I buy mine from a seller on eBay. Very good prices and almost any size bag. Just put Diamotaceous earth in the eBay browser and check out the sellers. (02/23/2011)

By cybergrannie

If it is a pet you are looking to give it to, I have seen food grade sold in better pet supply stores, (not Petsmart or Petco) if you have any in your area. They are usually privately owned and not chain stores. (02/24/2011)

By Beth

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where can I buy food grade diamotaceous earth?

By Brittney from San Diego, CA

You should be able to purchase at any large hardware store. I purchased a 3lb. bag at Lowe's for just under $10 with tax. It has lasted for a very long time! I have also seen it available at smaller hardware stores and online. Lawn and garden stores also carry it. It is fairly inexpensive and yet so useful for many things. Please be cautious when purchasing that you don't pay more than necessary. Since bed bugs have become such an issue many companies are selling the DE powder in special packaging advertising for the use of killing bed bugs and charging 3 to 4 times more. Also, be cautious not to get pool grade. The 2 are often sold at the same store on the same shelf. Good luck to you! (10/24/2010)

By Tonimarie1

I would order it online:
http://www.ghorganics.com/DiatomaceousEarth.html

Blessings.

(10/24/2010)

By Robyn Fed

I got my food grade DE from a local store in Austin, TX and this is the contact info. on the bottle of DE. They're out of New Mexico. Perma-Guard.com. 505-243-1460. (10/27/2010)

By slayergrrl

Earthworkshealth.com. 1 800 228 5836. It comes with directions, uses, etc. The price is reasonable and they have fast shipping. They are a concerned for health company. My gallon jug, I think was $9. I had enough to share. I took it myself and found I had worms. There were no symptoms, but I had found that about 75% of our population has worms. Kids can't go through school without pinworms. The eggs are on the doorknobs. What a blessing huh? (10/27/2010)

By muttmom

Animal feed stores carry it along with pet stores that sell higher quality food. I have used it on my dogs and cats for fleas and though messy, it eradicates fleas. (10/27/2010)

By Ms Frugal

Check eBay if you cannot find locally. This is where I buy my supply. (10/28/2010)

By cybergrannie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Buying Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Consumer Advice Product FinderApril 26, 2011
8th Graders
8th Grade Graduation Party Ideas
sunken garden beds
Sunken Beds for Arid Climates
A dog sitting on the grass scratching at fleas.
Using Diatomaceous for Earth Fleas
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Uses for Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 17, 2016 at 1:09:44 AM on 10.0.0.23 in 308 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.