Dust From Dogs

Like the name says: I have 6 bad dogs. My house gets so dusty! I'm not sure if it's the pet dander that causes it. After dusting, I see the build up of dust on everything by the very next day. Any advice or do I just need to hire a doggie maid? =)

Thanks.

By 6 bad dogs from Texas

I have the same problem, but with only 4 dogs. :)

Besides grooming frequently ( outdoors ) there really isn't much you can do about it! 'Ya take the bad with good I 'spose!

An active group of doggies in the house may kick up some dust but, it may be coming from other sources. Forced air heating & central cooling cause a lot of dust to circulate, switch to a finer quality filter system if that's the case. Is there a busy road or highway near the house? I used to live about a quarter mile from an Interstate Highway & the dust never seemed to stop accumulating. A home air filter system may be advisable too. Up until recently, I always had two dogs. Keeping them groomed & running the vacuum twice a week kept the dander to a minimum. A visitor entering our house didn't know we had dogs until they came out to greet them. Last & not least, your dust problem might just be the Great State of Texas! V/R Tom

Are ya changin' yer furnace filters?

Do you live near a dirt road? My xlaws live off a gravel road and the house would get very dusty in a few days. I am a city girl and not much dust, that could be it. The 6 badboys may really be innocent.

I use ans swear by vinegar & water, not to be mistaken for the feminine product. A simple mixture of 1 part vinegar & 3 parts water clean just about anything you need.

This past year I decided to paint my walls red & black. Apparently there was too much humidity in the air when I applied the second coat. Well, the dust came back just hours after wiping down the walls off. Then I made this solution and it lasts for about a month. Try it, please...You won't regret it!

Home and Garden Cleaning DustingMarch 29, 2009
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
A woman dusting her house.
Preventing Dust in Your House
Rendering of a dust mite on a white background.
Getting Rid of Dust Mites
🎄