My Brownie Baking Disaster and How I Redeemed Myself

Kori Puckett

One day while I was going through one of my sugar cravings, I decided to try my hand at baking brownies. It turned into a baking disaster.

At first I thought it was because I was baking it too slowly. But soon I discovered that what I had essentially was mushy chocolate mix that was too oily to even bake properly. Nothing could save it, so it was quickly tossed out.

Not to be discouraged, I tried my hand at making Praline Brownies.

Ingredients

• 2 sticks of butter
  • 4 squares of baking chocolate
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt

For the topping, you'll need:

• 3 tablespoons butter - melted
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup pecans - chopped

Instructions

Melt the chocolate squares and butter together. Mix lightly beaten eggs with the sugar, flour, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Add the melted chocolate mixture. Spread in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.

Combine the 3 tablespoons of the melted butter, the brown sugar and pecans. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Do not overcook. Brownies should be creamy in the center.

The only thing I did differently was take out the pecans for the topping and sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the melted butter and brown sugar instead. I prefer not to have nuts in or on my desserts (with rare exceptions, like macadamia nut cookies- -yummy).

These brownies turned out better, so I figure I've redeemed myself for the previous brownie baking bust.

A stack of brownies with nuts.
Homemade Brownie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies BrowniesNovember 5, 2004
Brownies
Improving Boxed Brownie Mixes
Brownie Pie
Brownie Pie Recipes
A lost dog.
Natural Disaster Tips for Pet Owners
Two Ingredient Brownies
Two Ingredient Brownies
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 5:33:52 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.