Travelling from Saint Petersburg to Key West

I am currently in Saint Petersburg (Treasure Island) and would like to go to Key West asap. What are my budget options for getting there? I'm told that there is a boat that leaves Ft. Myers Beach to Key West, how would I get to Ft, Myers from my current location? Also, can anyone recommend budget accommodations in Key West?

Thank you,
Ed from St. Pete, Florida

Here is the web site for the ferry: http://www.seakeywestexpress.com/noflash.htm

You should be able to contact them for directions on how to get there.

Check Roomsavers.com and tripadvisor.com for great deals on rooms. We got a fantastic deal on a 2 bedroom condo on Key Largo through one of these.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

The post before mine should help more than I can, because the only experience I had in that area was a family reunion in St. Petersburg. It was wonderful, and afterwards three of us rented a car and drove straight down "Alligator Alley" to Key West. It was really fun. If you do decide to rent a car, be aware that during the summer, it is REALLY hot but of course we had air conditioning, otherwise we would have completely fried! Also, there are some very strange people and places along Alligator Alley... and at night, there are some weird areas in these strange towns that could prove dangerous to the naive traveler, so beware of venturing off into the night. Before you take off, make sure you have plenty of fuel, water and food to eat along the way! I would take the motor trip again in a heartbeat. It really gave you a taste of the far south U.S. and once we got there everyone in Key West was incredibly friendly. We made lots of friends, there was a lot of partying going on and we actually had so much fun we paid the extra airline fee in order to stay a few extra days.

Travel and Recreation TravelApril 8, 2006
Using a Keyless Remote
Using a Keyless Remote
Saint Bernard Breed Information and Photos
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
West Virginia Christmas Charities
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
🎄