Use Cat Treat Containers for Organizing Craft Supplies

I believe in recycling everything, To organize all my flowers for my scrapbooking, I use my cat's Pounce cat treat bottles and put each color of flower in their own bottle. I have a nice shelf unit I got free from a neighbor that they fit in just right. I also use shoe boxes to store small craft supplies and label them and keep them in a closet in my craft room. Another use for the Pounce containers are for small things like brads, eyelets, etc.

I also use tins to store buttons and other sewing notions and I use old fashion glass mason jars to store my ribbons in. I keep all my DVD and VHS tapes in my sewing room in photo boxes that are the decorated ones. That way they are not just laying in piles in my room and the boxes look great. I use a lot of 8.5 x 11 paper and cardstock, so I have one 2 draw file cabinet for the paper and one for the cardstock and they fit right under the counter top my husband and I built in my craft room.

By PJ from Newville, PA

These are great ideas. Isn't it amazing how much "stuff" we can accumulate when we craft? You are so smart to organize your flowers by color, etc. The trick for me is to be able to find what I have when I want to use it. Being in glass jars and containers is the best way so it can be seen. Thanks for the great tips.