ClothingRepair

Removing Glitter From Clothing

I recently purchased a dress whose color and style are exactly what I've been looking for. However, there is glitters all over the fabric to make the fabric sparkle. I really hate it! It is the tiny silver kind that sticks to the fabric. When you handle the dress normally a very small amount will come off. Does anyone have a trick to completely remove the glitters without damaging the fabric? Thanks.

Nancy from Enterprise, FL

Answers

I had the same problem with my granddaughters jeans. I used hand sanitizer on the jeans and the glitter came right off. I use hand sanitizer for so many things and I thought I would give it a try...It worked. I use it for glass cleaner and for cleaning my appliances. It also removes stains in clothing. ~Janette~

I tried hand sanitizer on some jeans didn't work how exactly did you remove it from the jeans cause I'm trying to do that I got some jeans for my son didn't notice it had glitter

That post was from 2008 but the glitter fabrics are much more durable now. I think if the glitter is woven into the jean material and is part of the fabric. It is probably impossible to remove entirely.