Browsing: Starting a Bent N Dent Grocery Store

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Starting a Bent N Dent Grocery Store

Opening a salvage or bent n dent grocery store is a popular small business opportunity. This is a guide about starting a bent n dent grocery store.

Bent N Dent Grocery Store
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 13, 2013 Flag

I want to start a Bent and Dent store in Caledonia, Minnesota and need to find out how to get it started and who to buy my shipments from. Can you help with this information?

By clproudma07

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You probable need to start with your state, county and city offices to find out all the regulations regarding this type of store. Be prepared to be shocked (some states are more strict than others)!

Store in Caledonia...

We are the largest wholesaler or Salvage Grocery in the region and are the primary vendor for almost all of the bent and dent / discount grocery stores. We are family owned, in business for 30 years. Our warehouses are in St Paul, MN and we ship across the country. We sell mixed loads of Dry Grocery, Frozen Grocery and Fresh Grocery- by the case or by the pallet.

Give me a call as we would like to explore doing business together.

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

Email- michael (at) reclaimcenter (dot) com

September 5, 2012 Flag

I am very much considering opening a bent and dent grocery store in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I am looking for any information about were to get product and regulations please. Thank You

By Sara

Were you successful with opening your bent and dent store?

Hi Sara,

Give me a call as we would like to explore doing business together. I can also be helpful with advice as we have helped many stores open, especially in Wisconsin.

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

October 27, 2014 Flag

I am starting a Bent and Dent food store. Where can I get the food?

By Tom from Waterford, OH

Might be a good idea to make sure you can get the food before you advertise or even plan to open. Beyond that, I would contact the local food manufacturers and larger grocery chains to find out if they ever have any surplus. Make sure you have the proper zoning permits and then advertise like crazy. Good luck. PBP

Hi Tom,

Give me a call as we would like to explore doing business together. I can also be helpful with advice as we have helped many stores open.

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

October 23, 2014 Flag

Looking to open a salvage grocery store in New Hampshire, and would like to know if anyone has any info on reputable suppiers in the New England area. Thank you!

By Chris

Start your research with answers that have been given others on Thrifty.

Opening a salvage store is very complicated and legal aspects should be researched before looking for "suppliers" (if you have not already done this).

Almost any store in your community could be a "supplier" as most stores use services like this (usually larger stores).

The problem is that almost all stores will use a bidding process to find their buyers. This is many times required by state laws (called "fair" by state/county). This means you would have to find when a contract will be up for bid and go through the whole process and you would be bidding against very experienced store owners.

The contract would have a time frame (maybe 3 - 6 or 12 months). Also you will find that part of the contract will require that you purchase EVERYTHING they have that week. Also, they are usually very strict on the "buyer" being on time and if you miss a week they can cancel your contract.

Most new store owners will try to buy from the person who "wins" the contract and this way they can buy only what they can afford and learn the business in the process.

Hi Chris

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

October 23, 2014 Flag

I live in Missouri and need info on starting a store, suppliers, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

By Cathy S.

There is a lot of information about Bent & Dent stores on Thrifty and you can Google a question also. It can be a complicated process but it can be done.

Each state may have different rules/regulations so you may have to research through your local offices. Florida sales tax office did, at one time, carry leaflets on opening a store like this so maybe you could ask at your local office. You will need to have an "account" with your sales tax office anyway so go and ask questions.

Hi Cathy,

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

November 19, 2013 Flag

Photo of small food store.I'm considering adding salvaged foods to my store. I live in a depressed area near the border of Arizona and New Mexico, in a small town. Everything is extremely expensive here and real grocers are an hour away. Where can I find outlets to purchase salvage foods?

By Elaine

I work with a wholesale food company. We could help you with this. please email me at tntdyno at rconnect dot com

Hi Elaine

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

August 8, 2014 Flag

I was in a bent and dent years ago, now again, how can I have one?

By Jane W

People shouldn't be using dented and bent canned food.

I assume you wish to know how to open a store? If you will Google; how to open a bent & dent store? You will see lots of sites and some may help you. There is a lot to know about opening a store like this.

A lot of the sites are selling eBooks on this subject but I do not know anything about these books. There is probably a "Dummies" book on this? Takes lots of research and several weeks/months of filing government forms, finding resources, etc.

Load More
Business and Legal BusinessSeptember 15, 2012
beautifully designed kitchen
Starting an Interior Design Business
Photo of rusty nails.
Uses for Old (and Bent) Nails
A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 12:09:19 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.