Starting a Bent N Dent Grocery Store

Category Business
Opening a salvage or bent n dent grocery store is a popular small business opportunity. This is a guide about starting a bent n dent grocery store.

I have a discount bent and dent grocery store and am looking for groceries close to me in Missouri.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Hi Jean

We are the largest wholesaler or Salvage Grocery in the region and are the primary vendor for almost all of the bent and dent / discount grocery stores. We are family owned, in business for 30 years. Our warehouses are in St Paul, MN and we ship across the country. We sell mixed loads of Dry Grocery, Frozen Grocery and Fresh Grocery- by the case or by the pallet.

Give me a call as we would like to explore doing business together. I can also be helpful with advice as we have helped many stores open.

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

Email- michael@reclaimcenter.com

Website- www.ReclaimCenter.com

I want to start a Bent and Dent store in Caledonia, Minnesota and need to find out how to get it started and who to buy my shipments from. Can you help with this information?

By clproudma07

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Store in Caledonia...

Give me a call as we would like to explore doing business together.

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

Email- michael (at) reclaimcenter (dot) com

I am very much considering opening a bent and dent grocery store in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I am looking for any information about were to get product and regulations please. Thank You

By Sara

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Hi Sara,

Give me a call as we would like to explore doing business together. I can also be helpful with advice as we have helped many stores open, especially in Wisconsin.

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

I am starting a Bent and Dent food store. Where can I get the food?

By Tom from Waterford, OH

Hi Tom,

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

I live in Missouri and need info on starting a store, suppliers, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

By Cathy S.

Hi Cathy,

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

I would like to start a scratch and dent business. I live in an area where wages and jobs are low paying. There are no places near here to buy low cost groceries and or appliances. I would like info on starting this type of business.

By Barron

You can find lots of information on the Internet. Just Google your question with your city/county/state.It is a very complicated business venture.

I am starting my own dented canned food store. Where do I get my stock?

By Jimmy

Starting and running a Bent n Dent store is a really big challenge. There are a lot of city/county/state laws/rules/regulations that have to be followed or you could get into a lot of "legal" trouble.

Maybe you already know all of this and just need supplies. Most of the time there is a bidding process involved with grocery stores that spell out what you have to do to obtain their "damaged" goods.

Try your question on Google but include your city, county or state.

I believe you will be surprised at how much information is available.

Looking to open a salvage grocery store in New Hampshire, and would like to know if anyone has any info on reputable suppiers in the New England area. Thank you!

By Chris

Start your research with answers that have been given others on Thrifty.

Opening a salvage store is very complicated and legal aspects should be researched before looking for "suppliers" (if you have not already done this).

Almost any store in your community could be a "supplier" as most stores use services like this (usually larger stores).

The problem is that almost all stores will use a bidding process to find their buyers. This is many times required by state laws (called "fair" by state/county). This means you would have to find when a contract will be up for bid and go through the whole process and you would be bidding against very experienced store owners.

The contract would have a time frame (maybe 3 - 6 or 12 months). Also you will find that part of the contract will require that you purchase EVERYTHING they have that week. Also, they are usually very strict on the "buyer" being on time and if you miss a week they can cancel your contract.

Most new store owners will try to buy from the person who "wins" the contract and this way they can buy only what they can afford and learn the business in the process.

I'm considering adding salvaged foods to my store. I live in a depressed area near the border of Arizona and New Mexico, in a small town. Everything is extremely expensive here and real grocers are an hour away. Where can I find outlets to purchase salvage foods?

By Elaine

I work with a wholesale food company. We could help you with this. please email me at tntdyno at rconnect dot com

I am interested in opening a bent and dent store in Greenville, Alabama. I have a prime location on main state highway with building and parking. I need some help with suppliers and regulations please.

By L. P.

Hi LP

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

I was in a bent and dent years ago, now again, how can I have one?

By Jane W

People shouldn't be using dented and bent canned food.

I am looking to open a Bent N Dent in Wisconsin and would like to know areas where they already are. I am trying to find the best spot.

By Laurie S

Have you tried your question on Google?

Maybe just Google your question:

Bent n dent stores in (state/city).

Lots of answers/information.

Probably should Google How to open store also.

I would like to open my own dent and bent store in Effingham Illinios. I want to know how I get started so I may get on this ASAP.

By Pamela from Effingham, IL

I can guide you on what you have to do to start a Bent & dent Store. I had 10 Bent & dent stores at one time before I got into strictly wholesale. I can supply you with salvage bent & dent food, Pet food, Health & Beauty Aids, Candy & so much more. You can go to my website www.sbkliquidators AT weebly.com & fill out a contact form or call at 724 -971- 7185. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

I am interested in starting a bent and dent store in south eastern Minnesota and was wondering if anyone had some information or contacts to purchase merchandise to start up my store. Any information or contacts would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

By Lacy May

Hello and good luck with your idea as I believe the Bent'n Dent stores are great. I live in Florida and I know the laws are very stringent on what and also how you can open a store like this. You may have already gone through your local zoning board but if not, that is a good place to start.

As to finding products to sell - you will have to do your own research in your local or surrounding areas as anyone in this business will not usually share their "contacts".

After you have all of your permits you can visit any local store and ask your questions. Stores usually have "sales" every week and some stores use the highest "bidder" but most stores have contracts for certain periods of time and you have to bid on these.

There is lot to learn in this area but it can be done. You may be able to find a helpful person at one of your local Bent and Dent stores.

I would like information on how to start a bent and dent grocery store. Where I can get the groceries to stock the store?

By Tammy from Rogersville, AL

Hi. I am an owner of a salvage store in NY. It is called That Discount Place. You can see it on Facebook. My family also had 3 stores in Indiana.

I am currently also doing operations work helping people run and start businesses. If you would like to talk please email me at jane AT thatdiscountplace.com and we will arrange a time. Good luck.

I am looking to start a bargain bent and dent type small grocery store in Greenville, South Carolina. Anybody have any ideas where I can get the merchandise for the store nearby?

By corey9602 from Greenville, SC

Hi we run a salvage warehouse in Charlotte NC and supply a lot of start ups and regular salvage stores since 1985 call Doug 704-277-8007

Does anyone know who a supplier for the Kentucky area is?

By Latisha

I live in Florida but here there is no "one" supplier. Do you mean that you are looking to open a store? If so there is a lot to learn (and DO) before finding a supplier.

Suppliers here are any store that "sells" their damaged items and usually you have to bid against several potential "buyers".

I have researched Nebraska for a bent and dent salvage store, in the entire state, there are none anywhere. I would love to start one, but it makes me wonder if Nebraska has laws and regulations that prevent these type of stores to exist? Please advise me if you know. And where do you get the goods to line the shelves for start up endeavor?

By Paige

Hi Paige,

Michael Burt

Reclaim Center Inc

651-646-1839

I am opening a salvage grocery in Dubuque, IA and am looking for salvage grocery wholesalers. Are there any recommended ones in my area or that will ship to Iowa?

Jill from Dubuque, IA

Jill,

I can provide you with dry, refrigerated, and frozen product; in code, short code and out of code.

I am planning to open a dent and bent grocery store. I have a great location, but I need to find out where and how to get product.

By Mark R

Where would you be planning on opening this new store?

Load More