Trick Or Treat Place Setting
These cute pumpkins make perfect decorations for any Halloween party. They can be used as favors or as place setting gifts. Just remember to fill them full of yummy candy!
Approximate Time: 5 minutes
- 1 (per guest) 3-5 inch tall, plastic pumpkin basket
- 2 fake flowers on stem, 2-5 flowers on each stem
- black spray paint
- 10 to 14 pieces of small candy
- Spray paint your flowers completely black and let dry, as shown in the finished project picture.
- Fill the pumpkin with the yummy candy, or the "treat," as shown in the picture.
- Push the black flowers into the candy to that they cover most of the basket opening, as shown in the finished project picture. This is the "trick." Now the pumpkin looks like just a decorative table piece for a party, but holds the best treat inside - yummy candy!
If you rather not use flowers, think about giving the pumpkin a black, construction paper witch's hat. You can also use black felt or cardboard painted black to make the hat. It will serve the same purpose, covering up the treat so that it just looks like basic decoration.
- Make a cone shape, glue and let dry.
- Cut out a circle, glue the cone to it, and you have a witch's hat, as shown in the finished project picture.
If you cut out the middle of the circle, so that the hat is hollow, you can fill it with candy too. Then, when someone moves the hat from the pumpkin, candy comes pouring out.
Now just whip up a bunch of these for a fun Halloween party and add a big jack-o-lantern decoration at the center of the table.
By Aysha from Boise, ID
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 7:34:11 PM on 10.0.2.182 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us