How Do I Repair a Broken Touch Lamp?

We have a touch lamp that quit turning off and on at a touch. We have to unplug and plug it in at the wall to make it light up. Can this light be fixed?

By Judy R.

Go to one of the search engines such as Google or Dogpile and type into the search and ask a question of how to fix a touch lamp.

You can find answers to almost anything on the internet, it just takes some work on your part.

You can buy a replacement regulator at any fleamarket, or store where you bought the lamp. They usually cost about $5.00. I would not recommend trying to change it yourself unless you are handy with tools. I am speaking from experience.

Yes, same thing happened to my two sofa side-table lamps.

My hubby went to WalMart and got the part that holds the light bulbs but has an on/off switch on them and replaced

the old ones that did not work. We now have to turn them on and off but they work just fine. Be sure, of course, your lamp is unplugged when you are changing them out.

I bought a replacement sensor at Lowe's. They are only a few dollars and my husband was able to replace it easily.

If you are not handy, you could plug the light into a power bar that has an on off switch, and use that as the switch. Easier and safer than unplugging from the wall.

Repairing a Touch Lamp
Home and Garden Repair Furniture LampsMay 8, 2011
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Teapot Lamp
Making a Teapot Lamp
Uses for an Old Lamp, Old Lamp with Red Shade
Uses for an Old Lamp