Arch Supports Squeak in Tennis Shoes

How do I stop my tennis shoes from squeaking when wearing arch supports in them?

Patricia from Youngstown

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I believe baby powder or cornstarch will stop a squeaky shoe. Sprinkle it inbetween the runner and arch support so that the part rubbing is lightly coated. Hopefully I have helped you.

Better to use a powder for shoes or feet as corn starch (which is in baby powder) can help grow athlete's foot fungus. I have powdered squeaky shoes and it does work.

What I do is slip my arch supports in pantyhose, then cut the pantyhose to size. The pantyhose prevents the plastic in the shoe from rubbing the plastic in the pantyhose, and stopping the squeaking. It's a lot simpler than the messy powder.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceNovember 21, 2007
Old Tennis Shoes
Uses for Old Tennis Shoes
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:32:43 PM on 10.0.2.254 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.