One Saved Kitty!

My son saved our kitty and I'd like to share how he did it. We had her spayed on Wednesday and she panicked when let out of the carrier and leaped to the loft area in our condo and disappeared into an attic area. We could not see her, and heard nothing until almost 24 hours later.

We found her in a slot about 12 feet down between the studs. My son ripped up an old beach towel and tied the ends together (4 inches X 15 feet towel rope) and dangled it down. She was quite week and undoubtedly dehydrated. My son decided out of pity to pour some water on her so she would lick herself. She was so mad she scrambled to get out of the way and he poured water on her 2 more times. Each time she scrambled further up the 'rope' to get away. Finally she got close enough for him to grab a paw and then the scruff of her neck. One saved kitty!

She is fine but still hissing a little. The attic closed off completely.

By Pikka from Westminster, CO

Awww...glad Kitty is ok. Silly kitty.

Smart thinking, using the towel and water! I hope kitty is doing well :)

Kitty is fine and very sociable now. I noticed I didn't say that we tried to find and call her during that 24 hour period. My son climbed up on the stove, onto the fridge top, and into the loft several times. Finally we heard something, but I am still amazed she lived and so glad.

You've got one resourceful son there! Sometimes kids are better than adults at thinking outside the box.

Wow!! What a story!

that was really smart thinking, thank goodness she is safe

Pets CatsJune 4, 2008
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
orange house cat
Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes
Wood Burning Stove
Heating with Wood
Making Felt Kitty Ears
Making Felt Kitty Ears
🎉
🎄