Quilts To Save Couch From Baby Messes

To save our new sofa and recliners in our family room when we had a new baby, I went to a discount store and purchased several quilts on sale for $10. The quilts were all the same and the colors matched my decor. We use the quilts as throws over the furniture. That way, when the baby spits up or our toddler gets messy, the nice new furniture doesn't get wrecked. The quilts are nice to use because they are a bit absorbent (because of the batting inside). You could also use old quilts or blankets you had around the house, I just didn't have any extra. I also thought it was nice they matched and the bright colors and patterns really spiced up the room.

I've used these quilts as emergency towels when my son spit up; I've used them to wrap him up like a burrito when he had a diaper blowout (to save the carpet). I've also used them to cover the floor if he is eating something crumbly. They are so easy to clean, I just dump them in the washing machine and they can be dried in the dryer relativity quickly. Because I don't have a lot invested in time or money, I don't really care if they get wrecked.

I purchased my quilts at Old Time Pottery, but I've seen them on sale sometimes at other national discount chains. You just have to grab them when they go on sale.

By Jess from Brownsburg, Indiana

Parenting Baby OrganizationApril 10, 2007
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower