Try Something New In Your Garden Each Year

Plant something new every year. You'll be amazed at what you learn once your plant starts to grow. I remember the year my mom told me she was going to grow celery. I thought sure she'd lost her mind. She lived in Iowa, celery would never grow there, I thought. But it did. And she loved it!

Lesson learned.

From then on, I've never been afraid to "jump off the bridge" or in my case, the deck lol, and try something new! It's a wonderful way to open your mind and that of others!

Source: Mother Maxine, tried and truly magnificent homemaker and expert gardener of Mansion type gardens!

By Lynn from Wildwood

I am from Iowa and I was wondering if she started the celery from seed or used a plant. I have never tried it and didn't know either that you could grow it in Iowa.

A female gardener wearing a green apron.
Gardening Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Gardening MiscellaneousJune 4, 2008
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New Jersey Christmas Charities
New Hampshire Christmas Charities
New York Christmas Charities
Gardening Advice
🎄