Leftover Peel and Stick Tiles for Weatherstripping

My house is very old, and I have a lot of drafty windows and doors. Of course, I don't like to turn up my heat very much due to the high cost of electricity. So, I did what a lot of you do; hanging drapes, using plastic on my windows, etc. My old doors were so drafty, I needed something to put in between the door and frame. I had just redone my kitchen with those peel and stick tiles (which you can cut with scissors). I had a few left over, and cut them to fit the door jam. Within minutes I can tell the difference. Who knew you could use peel and stick tiles to help with drafty doors!

I thought that was a very helpful suggestion and at my work place we have a door that needs help as it is probably an inch off of the floor. "Very" drafty. I hope you have the ability to control where you heat your house. I have actually hanged plactic sheeting in doorways to trap heat in a room. It seemed to work well enough. My brother in law is also a frugal person and has a quartz heater where he hangs blankets in front of the living room for the family (3 of them) and they just stay in there evenings. I hope you are all doing well. Stay Warm! :)

Home and Garden Home Improvement WeatherizingJanuary 21, 2009
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Frying Fish Sticks
Homemade Fish Stick Recipes
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile