Fall Clematis Container Gardening

contest winner icon

I love gardening. I have been planting a lot more perennials lately as we are retired and gone quite a bit during growing season. I also do a lot of container gardening. Hope you like my pictures. The flowers on the fence is one plant. It is a Fall Clematis. Very hardy and smells wonderful.

By Connie from Ballwin

I love seeing pictures of gardens and those flowers look really beautiful in that container. Would love to see more of your garden and what other plants you grow. Thanks for sharing.

I agree, they are beautiful! We want more pictures!!!

Also, instructions please.

How beautiful is this! Thanks for sharing!

love your clemitis how do u keep it so beautiful, I'm new to this site, but would love to chat with any one.

thanks

susie

I have several of the fall clematis. I let them grow and cut them back only in the spring after all signs of frost are over. The fall clematis after it blooms is very prolific. The flowers turn to seeds almost like milk weed pods. You know the ones that fly in the air. I find volunteers in my garden all the time. I have given a lot of this clematis away. It is in full sun and I fertilize it with a 5-10-5 fertilizer. The big galvanized tub has Tons of sweet Basil in it that I use for pesto in the fall and freeze plus several caladium's and a hyacinth bean climber that blooms like sweet peas. I collect the seed pods in the fall for the following season. I am happy you enjoyed my flowers. Bring in the caladium tubers in the fall for next year planting. This picture is in my garden. I have lilies, coneflowers, Stella Dora lilies, zinnias and lots of cutsies. lol. Enjoy my garden. Connie

I live in the Northeast and have my clematis planted in pots with a trellis. Will they survive the winter and if so what should I be doing to them this fall?

Container with Plants Attached to Fence
Container Gardening
Home and Garden Gardening ContainerFebruary 16, 2006
Potted plants in bright sunlight
Creating Shade for Potted Plants
Flowers in pots on the patio being watered with a watering can.
Watering Container Plants
Large Purple Clematis Flower
Pruning a Clematis
Clematis
Clematis Not Blooming
🎄