Using Leftover Brewed Coffee on Plants

I have read about using coffee grounds and eggshells for plants, but can I use cooled coffee? I heard someone mention it at a greenhouse, but I don't know how much to use. I usually make 1 TB for 1 cup. Any recommendations? This would be for my vegetable garden and a few outside plants.

By Mindy

Use it on acid loving plants such as gardenias, azaleas, etc. Also put on vegetable gardens. You can pick up "used" coffee grounds for free at coffee shops such as Starbucks, they give it away by the bagful! good luck.

Rhododendrons and blueberries are also acid loving plants. I just dump the old coffee around the bottom of the plants.

You can use cold coffee on plants but you need to dilute it before pouring around the plant

I take what ever left over coffee and finish filling the pot with water and add directly to plants inside or out. The really thrive on it.

This question goes out to LizCar and her suggestion on "aging paper" with coffee. How do you do it? I hope this reaches you, LizCar, as your idea sounds fascinating.

This is what I do to give letters or notecards an aged look: I light a votive candle and set it in the sink. This way you can keep both hands on the letter paper and have better control. A good distance above the paper (and MOST IMPORTANTLY in the sink-I can't stress this enough) very slowly let the flame discolor the paper moving the paper constantly. At times, I only want the edges ragged, so I let a tiny bit of paper catch fire then immediately blow it out until I have the entire perimeter jagged. I then take an old toothbrush and clean up the sooty, burnt areas. To make it look even more authentic, let parts of the edges of the letter/notecard burn more than others. I usually write my letter or note BEFORE I age the paper, so give yourself extra blank margins. Did I mention to DO THIS OVER YOUR SINK?? Letter writing is NOT a lost art, if we don't allow it to be. Your next letter or note will be charming, original, and a joy to receive.

Leftover Coffee
Uses for Leftover Coffee
Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerMay 26, 2010
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden