Removing Wood Stain From Vinyl Siding

How do I remove sealer from vinyl siding? I got my brother to help me stain and seal my fence about a month ago. It got all over my house and a small section of my neighbors'. We tried to clean up the stain on the siding with mineral spirits and Goof Off. Now the finish has a nice glossy sheen to it. I would like that gone. I've used Goof Off, mineral spirits, and gasoline. Nothing seems to get the stuff off. It keeps smearing a thin layer of stain. Please help.

Carsten from Raleigh

(submitted via email)

To remove the red wood stain, buy a quart of vmp naptha. It will reactivate the stain. good luck

for hard spots use fingernail polish remover it does wonders on just about any type of stain and spill (acetone)

August 15, 2008 Flag

Looking for something to remove redwood stain from vinyl siding. Previous owners slapped it on a deck and it is all over and I mean all over the vinyl siding. I don't want to damage the siding. I am not sure if the stain is a latex or oil base, but really believe it to be water based.

Ronnie from Rock Hill, SC

Removing Redwood Stain From Vinyl Siding

Would a power washer remove the stain? You may need to add a cleaner to the washer. How about trying a strong solution of trisodium phosphate with the power washer? (11/29/2007)

By Sharon

House With Vinyl Siding
Removing Wood Stain From Vinyl Siding
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 15, 2008
Photo of a house with vinyl siding.
Removing Paint Stains From Vinyl Siding
Cleaning Vinyl Siding, A woman scrubbing the siding of her house.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding