Removing Wood Stain From Vinyl Siding

How do I remove sealer from vinyl siding? I got my brother to help me stain and seal my fence about a month ago. It got all over my house and a small section of my neighbors'. We tried to clean up the stain on the siding with mineral spirits and Goof Off. Now the finish has a nice glossy sheen to it. I would like that gone. I've used Goof Off, mineral spirits, and gasoline. Nothing seems to get the stuff off. It keeps smearing a thin layer of stain. Please help.

Carsten from Raleigh

Answers

(submitted via email)

To remove the red wood stain, buy a quart of vmp naptha. It will reactivate the stain. good luck

north141

Answer

Looking for something to remove redwood stain from vinyl siding. Previous owners slapped it on a deck and it is all over and I mean all over the vinyl siding. I don't want to damage the siding. I am not sure if the stain is a latex or oil base, but really believe it to be water based.

Ronnie from Rock Hill, SC

Removing Redwood Stain From Vinyl Siding

Would a power washer remove the stain? You may need to add a cleaner to the washer. How about trying a strong solution of trisodium phosphate with the power washer? (11/29/2007)

By Sharon

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
House With Vinyl Siding
Removing Wood Stain From Vinyl Siding
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 15, 2008
Photo of a house with vinyl siding.
Removing Paint Stains From Vinyl Siding
Cleaning Vinyl Siding, A woman scrubbing the siding of her house.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 4:01:06 PM on 10.0.0.238 in 697 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.