Decorating Motorcycles for "Toys in Toyland" Christmas Parade

We are riding in a Christmas parade this year on our motorcycles and the theme is "Toys in Toyland". What kind of decor would you recommend that we place on our bikes? We are a Christian motorcycle ministry and we need some ideas.

By Patty from Norman, OK

Answers

The way I decorate my Harley for toy runs is really simple. I get garland (the fake green tree-type, not the shiny plastic type), and wrap it around my handlebars. If it's too long, I get wire cutters and snip the excess off.

Then I get a battery-operated light string and attach (be sure you pack extra batteries) to the garland with cable ties (you don't want 'em to fly off!).

Next step is to tie a beautiful red bow in front, below headlight or above it - DO NOT COVER IT.

Finally, I take small stuffed animals and tuck them in the garland around the bow with cable-ties. I usually use 4 small bears (4 to 6 inches)- two on each side of the handlebars. (Make sure you don't cover the Christmas lights with them).

To top it all with, I have a larger bear (around 1-1/2 ft tall) and sit him/her on my front fender, below the red bow. I tie it on my front forks with bungee cords which I cover with ribbon so it's not noticeable, or with cable ties also ribbon-covered to disguise.

SAFETY NOTE: Make sure the red bow does not have ribbon hanging down to catch in your front axle and also the bears' legs can't hang down (which is why I use a a 1-1/2' bear...his legs stick straight out).

If you have a sissy-bar, buy a HUGE bear and sit him/her on your back seat. It can be your passenger bungee-corded in. Put a pair of goggles on it and a Christmas bandanna and "biker" it up! (I pinned fake holly on it's ear and one of my leather vests). It'll get lots of smiles and photo shoot opportunities!

If you're riding a "cruiser bike" which has a CD player, put on some Christmas music. Deck out that bike and have fun!!!!

Have a Blessed Merry Christmas! :-) ~Perla in TX

Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
Christmas Parade Float Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor Parade Float IdeasNovember 19, 2010
Christmas Truck
Decorating a Truck for a Christmas Parade
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
Motorcycle Parade
Motorcycle Parade Ideas
🎄