Secret Pal Gifts for Seventh Grade Girl

I am participating in a Secret Pal program with our church's junior youth. I have a 7th grade girl for whom I need to find cool, thrifty gifts, and ideas. We are asked to give them a gift at least once a month. Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

By Donna from Edmond, OK

I know my friends' children LOVE hot chocolate so you can always make your own mix and put it in a nice canning jar. I always use mini marshmallows in mine :)

Google online, there are tons of recipes for this.

Kids that age also like lip balm and flavored glosses that you can get at the dollarstore. You can also make bath salts (search online for homemade bath salts, there are so many recipes). Good luck!

Since the object is to be thrifty... go to a thrift store. Does the girl envy the cool kids with the name brand clothes? Pick up cheap Gap, Abercrombie, and Old Navy clothes. Is she funky with a unique personality? Pick up a vintage purse, sweater or jacket. Does she love to cook? Give her her very own set of (gently used) pans, muffin tins, cake pans, rolling pin, cookie cutters, etc. Does she have a beloved pet? How about a soft, fuzzy blanket and two ceramic bowls (supplement with treats from Walmart or the dollar store)? Is she a writer, artist or crafter? Find a journal or stationary set, a palette and brushes (with a cool cup to hold the brushes), or beads, yarn, or whatever her favorite medium is.

The possibilities are endless at a thrift store.

I suggest a gift card, good luck.

She'd be about 11 or 12, right? I used to love paperback books. Check second hand book stores; mysteries, animal stories, joke books,. Hair products; gel, mousse, spray in temporary colour, headbands, beads. Crafts; paint by number, beaded bracelets, fabric paints, transfers and a t-shirt, diary, fancy pens, pencils, and erasers, fancy note paper. Things you would like. Have fun!

At that age the girls are really into the nail polish, the lip gloss, and bubble bath. Also those "key chain" animals that they can hook onto their back packs. Fancy socks that their mama wouldn't pay $5 for; you can buy one pair. They love jewelry from Claire's ( in most major malls) Big silver hoops are the ones they like, the bigger the better. And don't forget things for her hair. Or a diary with some fancy gel pens. None of these items cost a whole lot. And can really brighten your Secret Pal's day.

I am a 7th grade girl and I would love to get paints, paint brushes, paper for paintings. I would also like a thing called a boogie board which is like a mini writing pad.

It depends if the girl was a prissy girl or a tomboy. Being a tomboy and a 7th grade girl myself, I would like mechanical pencils, graph paper, pens for school, books, 60s and 70s CDs, and gift cards to interesting(not clothing) stores.

Holidays and Parties Gifts ChildrenNovember 23, 2009
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dutch Girl Costume
Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips
American Girl Doll With White Hat, Braids and Sweater
Saving Money on an American Girl Doll