Cleaning an Enamel Stovetop

When cleaning your enamel stovetop you want to use methods and products that will not damage the finish. This is a guide about cleaning an enamel stovetop.

September 12, 2016 Flag

Can I use Soft Scrub on my black enamel stove top? I can't get the burnt on stains from around the burners?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know why not. I used to use it when I had a glass top one, it was black colored and I never had an issue. I did have to make sure I rinsed it off good so it would not streak on the black.

Soft scub should work. If it doesn't, try Barkeepers Friend.

July 25, 2010 Flag

How do I remove black stains from a white stove top?

By Pam from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I use 'Cook Top' cleaning creme for smooth top ranges (made by Elco Industries) although I have a gas stove. It was recommended by Maytag, Corning and Sears. I get it at Sears stores for about $8. for 20 oz. Just use it with a rag (I throw it away after), or for stubborn spots, leave the cream (actually thick liquid) on for awhile and just wipe off with a cloth.

It's actually not hard to do even with these arthritic hands.

Mari

July 25, 2010 Flag

I am looking for tips for cleaning a black enamel painted stove top, around the gas burner areas. The spills and spatters penetrate the hot surface and I can't get them cleaned out. Please recommend a remedy. Thank you.

By Jim

Answers:

Cleaning Enamel Stovetop

I have found the new Mr Clean white sponge works great to clean the stove top, I have also used Super Cleaner, in a purple jug in the automotive area of Walmart, let it sit for a few hours (full strength) and wipe, it is amazing how well it works, I have cleaned my oven with this stuff, and it just wipes out. It's about $6.00 for a gallon, but the gallon will last the average person about a year, a very good buy. Make sure you wipe with clean water when your done. (02/10/2010)

By msjeni47

Cleaning Enamel Stovetop

I would be careful with the white sponges, they are somewhat abrasive, and (with repeated use), might dull the surface. But they do do a good job! (02/10/2010)

By Jilson

Cleaning Enamel Stovetop

I agree, the "white sponges" do clean, but I don't like the the dullness effect. I bought a package and only used one once. Threw it away and set the rest under the kitchen sink.

I use oven cleaner on the stove for cooked-on stuff and use a medium toothbrush for the small areas. For the main stove/oven areas I use a spray window cleanser with whiting for removing splatters and leaving a polished finish.

Whiting:
Is a very fine, white powder used for polishing glass, as well as any porcelain items such as ovens, sinks, tubs, etc. and is used in automobile polishes and waxes. (the "white dust" after buffing). Commercial painters also primarily use it for thickening paints. You can purchase whiting in paint stores that generally cater to paint contractors; it is not expensive. Usually sells for under $5 for a 1lb container, but that 1lb will last the average homeowner years, a little goes a long way!

To clean windows; you can sprinkle onto a damp, sudsy cloth or sponge and the powder will adhere to any debris without harm. Use a cloth that will not scratch glass!

When washing my car, I dampen the glass and clean the windows and windshield with the whiting to remove the street grime. Then I begin the normal washing technique which removes all the whiting during the process. The windows are virtually free of road grime when finished. (02/10/2010)

By Cajun62234

Cleaning Enamel Stovetop

Use the liquid soap for dishwashers. If possible, use a hair dryer to heat the soap. I tried this on a yellow stove and it worked. (02/13/2010)

By kathsweetin

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Cleaning a Stovetop
Cleaning a Stovetop
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 9, 2016
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Blue flame on gas stove burner
Cleaning the Burners on a Gas Stove
rid dye
Dyeing Clothes on the Stovetop
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 5:37:44 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.