Organizing Gift Bags

Birthday parties usually leave the gift-receiver with a stock of several usable, decorative gift bags. Dollar Tree has great deals on unique gift bags and one can easily end up with 6 bags for under $4 from there! What to do with all those bags?

The first suggestion is to hang a plastic organizer that has shelves in a closet, such as a closet in an office or one that has room. Put folded gift bags on shelves per holiday or occasion, such as one shelf for Christmas, one for Birthday, Baby Shower, Plain Colors, and Small Bags (3"x4"). Label shelves for ease of use.

A second option for organizing an array of gift bags is to file gift bags in a cardboard box and store on the floor or a shelf in a closet. An alternate is to store gift bags in a plastic Tupperware box or a decorative box that is large enough for your gift bags. File the holiday bags with like themes. Label the box.

Third, if the above options wont work for your home, simply hang similar gift bags (such as all birthday bags) on a plastic hanger and then in a closet. Use different hangers for various gift bag uses. Label each hanger per occasion, such as Birthday, Graduation, Floral, Christmas, etc.

Each gift bag organizing idea helps preserve the gift bags with little space needed.

By Erin813 from Seffner, FL

These are great ideas but I don't have any extra closet space. (Think de-cluttering should be at the top of my to-do list.) I keep my supply of gift bags in a box under the bed. I haven't gone the extra step to organize them by occasion, but they are out of the way. I know where they are and they are easy to pull out when I need one.