Buying a Microwave Food Cover

I am trying to find a 7 inch cover that you use to cover food when cooking in the microwave. I have seen them online to purchase, but I would prefer to buy one in person.

I have tried the Dollar Store, Sears, Walgreen's, Target, etc., but to no avail. If you know of a local store where I could find the 7 inch one kindly let me know. I have also tried thrift stores as well as yard sales, but still no luck. Thanks for any help you can offer me.

By Carol from Beverly, MA

I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond. They had several sizes there and I don't think that any one of them cost more than $5.

Until you get a seven inch diameter food cover, try using a cereal bowl over top of the saucer or small plate. That works well too.

Check the dollar stores, and Wal-Mart. I've seen them both places.

You could also use coffee filters.

Personally I prefer coffee filters or cheap paper plates from the dollar store, this way I can throw them out and not need to wash them.

I bought mine from the Kitchen Collection. I saw them at the Dollar Tree, but when I went to get them they were all gone. Perhaps they've restocked. Kitchen Collection does still have them. Was there this AM and saw them.

I have one of the smallest microwaves you can get and it accommodates the standard 10 to 11 inch covers and I found mine at Wal-Mart for about $3.00 three years ago. Why do you need a 7 inch? They don't have to sit directly on the plate and can sit over the plate (or bowl) on the glass microwave carousel platter.

I got mine at IKEA for about $1.49 and it is a big one. Don't know if you live near one or not or if they sell them on their website. Love mine. It has small holes in the top to let steam out.

Tupperware has one and IKEA carries them.

Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 27, 2010
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
🎄