Places to Recycle Prescription Bottles

Does anyone know of missionary projects that are in need of used pill (medicine) bottles? Had heard that the Methodist Missionary project used them at one time. I would like to get a project started through my church if possible. If not, I have several to donate on my own.

By Marsha from Eskridge, KS

Scroll down on this page, to the part that says donation:

http://www.abou  le-prescription/

There are some donation suggestions if you look here, too

http://www.blis  ription-bottles/

Hope this helps!

To: A Pragmatist

I went to the link you posted and you are wrong. This is what it says about prescription/vitamin bottles.

Can prescription or vitamin bottles be recycled?

A. Yes, we can accept prescription and vitamin bottles in curbside recycling. Please remove the lids and any personal information from the label.

Source:http://www.ecoc  q/containers.cfm

It's about half way down the page. I suggest to check with your local recycling center, most places take them now.

We are looking for empty prescription bottles for a missionary project in the congo. You can mail them to our church; Presbyterian Church of Glenview, 3030 Central St, Glenview, IL 60025. Pass the word. Thank you.

Do you still want empty prescription bottles? Please let me know - I have several dozen to dispose of.

The American Foundation for Children with AIDS (www.AFCAids.org) is looking for empty, clean prescription bottles. If anyone has any, please send to:

AFCA

6221 Blue Grass Avenue

Harrisburg, PA 17112

thank you!

tanya

do you still want clean prescription bottles? Please let me know, I have several dozen to get rid of!

I get different sizes of prescription bottles and ask for the non child proof tops and when empty i use them to mix paints, divide kinds of buttons, small nails, small screws, seeds, dried herbs for teas (these I put in the door of the freezer) and all small objects I usually will misplace goes into a bottle and then placed in the room or place where I store the things that go with it. Even my router bits are kept safe in a large bottle or 2 because the South has lots of moisture and keeping it out is a chore in itself. Happy bottling and you can burn them too.