AdviceCleaning

Removing Sharpie Marker from Cement

Okay, this may sound lame but does anybody know how to get sharpie off cement? We had a few vandilizers and need help!

You could try the knock off brand for Oxyclean from your local Dollar Tree or Family Dollar, in their cleaning products aisle. They call these, Awesome Oxegen Cleaner, and Awesome Orange cleaner. BOTH of these worked on sharpie markers around my house when my toddler got a hold of them. try it and see what happens!

Anonymous

Sorry , but your idea didn't work! I wasted gas going all the way to the dollar tree for nothing.

Not sure if it will work but when my son was little he went thru the whole downstairs(hubby was watching him, or not in this case), but he colored EVERYTHING with black permenent marker the only thing I found to remove it was finger nail polish remover. Not sure if that will work on concrete, but worth a try.

Try some old-school hairspray like Aqua-net, make sure to wear a mask. Since it's concrete, the hairspray won't damage it.

squirt some spray and wash and some liquid dishwasher detergent on the writing. let it sit for about 4 hours and just hose it off. this did it for me.

My daughter took a papermate marker to the windows, brick walls, painted banisters and cement on the front porch. Alcohol removed it from all of the surfaces but the cement on the porch. Awesome is a great product!! It removes everything from blood in clothing sheets etc. to spaghetti sauce in white carpet. It only costs $1 at the dollar store unfortunatly I am out at the moment. But do recommend it highly. It can be used for EVERYTHING I havent come across one thing it couldnt tackle!!!

You might try break cleaner. You can find in any auto parts store. My husband uses this to clean any soak in oil and grease on the drive-way. Makes everything dissapear. Maybe it will work for marker.

The nail polish remover totally worked for me. My 2 yr old grabbed a blue sharpie and decided to decorate our beige berber carpet. Thanks to the polish remover, a toothbrush and a lot of elbow grease, you would not know it had ever happenned

My son wrote on concrete with a black sharpie marker. He is using OOPS! waterbased remover and cleaner that I purchased at our local hardware store. He is using a wire brush and A LOT of elbow grease. It's working.

My selfish little 12 yr old took a sharpie to our cement porch. what worker for me was alcohol is the best thing you can use! also it might help if you put a little bit of nail polish remover. then leave it on for about 15 min. hose it off and good as new!!

This is close. my daughter wrote on her locker door at school and we can't figure out a way to get it off. Does anyone know?

My friend took a marker to one of my dvds, is there a way to remove p.marker from a disc?

I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on a window, steel door and cement floor from where my 2 year old drew with a red sharpie. It worked great and quickly; however, I can't get it off the walls- it's taking the paint off the walls too.

Use nail polish remover. These solutions are primarily a chemical solvent known as acetone, which can dissolve sharpie marker ink very easily. If you have huge stains you can buy acetone from any local hardware store in the paint thinner department.

Thank you for all your wise words, but honestly after trying many things, BLEACH and SUNLIGHT worked best. I dowsed on some bleach and let the sun dry it up. Concrete is good as new.

My 5 year old daughter decided to draw hopscotch numbers on our front walkway with a green sharpie. We tried a lot of these solutions, but the only thing that worked was lacquer thinner. We just poured it on the numbers, let it run for a second and wiped it up with an old rag. On a side note, if you use old t shirts, make sure they don't have any silk screened logos on them, it will come right off on the cement, making a bigger mess.

First, I loosen up the stain with soapy water and brush. Then, I pour fingernail polish remover over the stain and it works perfectly to remove the stain.