Gray Marks on a Porcelain Sink

How do you get the gray mark out of your kitchen sink. My sink is just a year old and the marks are getting worse. I use cleanser but it doesn't budge them. Please help.

Jean from Banning, CA

My manufacturer recommended using Barkeepers Friend on my porcelein sink. Works great.

A sticker on my new sink said, only use Barkeepers Friend and that's what I do. Works perfect for those gray pan marks.

I use Bar Keeper's Friend to clean the gray marks on my sink. I think they come from putting my pots & pans in the sink. Hope this helps.

I use Electrosol liquid dishwasher detergent. It completely removes all stains and deodorizes the sink. My sink is white composite material, and comes up like new every time.

I use either Bon Ami or Bar Keepers Friend. You can purchase both by the Ajax and Comet cleansers in your grocery store cleaning products aisle.

Please dont use cleanser on your new sink. I did that when mine was new 30 some years ago and have since learned it takes the finish off the sink. I use Tilex for stubborn stains in the sink. Just spray the sink, let set for about 20 seconds and rinse.

Also, a friend of mine suggested I try baking soda to clean my stained bathtub. I didnt think it would work as I'd scrubbed and scrubbed with Comet. I tried it and she was right. Sometimes baking soda can clean better than cleanser!!

Once you get your sink clean you may want to consider putting paste wax on it to keep it that way. Water beads up and it shines. The wax also protects the sink. I'm wondering how Rainex that is used for car windshields would work... hmmmm

Best of luck,

I read on a post recently to use regular tooth paste (not the gel type). I tried it this weekend and it worked!!!

I used "Cerama-Brite" and it worked like a charm.

Toothpaste with good amount of elbow grease worked perfect for me. Also took off rust stains.

http://uslandra … keycode=mwk-post

I'm going to try some of the other users' suggestions. I've used Restore-4 for porcelain, and it works well. Just a note though - it stinks! Open your windows. Make sure sink is completely dry before spraying it on with a spray bottle. Let soak for 15 minutes, then scrub with a scrub brush. It's a pain, but it works.

Toothpaste! OMG it worked great and my new-ish sink is new again. Try it.

Use some smooth cook top cleaner on a paper towel, rub & within seconds, the scratches will disappear, guaranteed! This also works great on bath/jetted tubs also.

My new sink had a big stain

Get. BARKEET. WE HAD TO ORDER

IT. JUST LIKE NEW

Anonymous

I just actually removed lots of coffee stains from my porcelain kitchen sink with Crest whitening toothpaste! A tip from above, nail polish remover, didn't work. I remembered I had removed a stain from my favorite white shirt with the whitening toothpaste, so why not my white sink??!! I had to scrub really hard though, but it's all I had on hand at the moment, but it worked!