Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Subway Oil and Vinegar

Does anyone know the kinds of vinegar and oil is used at Subway on their sandwiches?

Sandie from Marysville, WA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By lorry (Guest Post)04/22/2006

1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 Tablespoon white minced onion
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon buttermilk powder
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/8 teaspoon salt
pinch of cracked pepper
pinch of garlic powder

combine all in microwave bowl..heat on high for 1-2 min until it boils rapidly...whisk well, cover and cool. makes about 2/3 of a cup...hope this helps

By Jared F. (Guest Post)03/25/2006

Subway oil is 90% canola oil, and 10% extra virgin olive oil. yikes.

By Jeggie (Guest Post)02/08/2006

I too love subway, and though I don't know what kind of sauces they use for those I would like to know if anyone has a recipe for their Sweet Onion Sauce. I've looked at CopyKat and can't find it.
Thanks!

By debbie (Guest Post)02/08/2006

I mix my olive oil with red wine vinager in a bottle and voila just like subway, years ago I managed a subway and thats all it was

By Terri Allen [1]02/08/2006

I too do not have the exact oils. However at work recently we got 6 foot sub and they sent along packages of condiments with the huge sandwich. Red wine vinergar and olive/canol oil combo were in the goodie bag. So don't make the mix just ask for a couple extra packets when you find yourself at the sub shop. I hope this helps.

By LEONA LABINE [40]02/07/2006

My daughter used to work at Subway and if you are talking about the original Subway sauce, all it is, is regular Italian dressing!!

By Mazie02/07/2006

I know they use red wine vinegar and blended olive oil (canola oil blended with extra virgin olive oil) but if your looking for a brand I don't have any idea. Hope this helps.