Tissue Paper Pot
When you want to make those dull, red clay pots into something for display, all you need is some tissue paper, glue and water mixture and clear varnish.
- clay pot
- tissue paper
- glue and water mixture - it can be pretty thin
- plastic cup
- paint brush
- clear varnish
- Lay newspaper out on a flat surface.
- Put clay pot upside down in the center of the newspaper.
- Make a glue/water mixture in the plastic cup. (About 2 parts glue, 1 part water.)
- Use the paint brush to spread the glue mixture all over the clay pot.
- Stick tissue paper to the pot in any design you wish. Completely cover the clay surface.
- Cover the tissue paper with additional glue.
- Allow the pot to dry totally.
- Once dry, cover the entire pot with a clear varnish.
- Allow the pot to dry totally again.
- Fill with potting soil, your favorite plant or some seeds, and enjoy.
This project is quite easy, and can be done by the youngest child.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide