Soda Can Costume

I am looking for a pattern or idea to make a group Halloween costume. We want to go as a six pack of soda. We are thinking of using thick foam for the can and lid, but have no idea what to use for the plastic rings to go around the neck of the can. It needs to be something that is sturdy and looks close to what the actual plastic does on the six pack. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

Best Answer

Industrial saran wrap, rolled into "ribbons" would be close. You will probably want something more flexible than the harder plastic used on cans, since all of you will have to move together and that is hard if it is too stiff.

Best Answer

Sounds cute, but uncomfortable. How about wide canvas strapping (like for tote bag handles, wide white grosgrain ribbon, or even white elastic. Any of these can be held together with a stitch or 2, a paper fastener (brad) or glue. Love to see pics when you have them. Please post!

Best Answer

I think you should use 6 small size hula hoops. You could cover them with plastic bags or something the right color and attach them with zip strips. It would be easy for one person to get out of them for the powder room. Sounds fun. Deb

Best Answer

Use hula hoops to make the bottom and the top of the can. The round sides should be made of foam covered with a suitable coloured material. Shoulder straps can be used to hold the completed can in place. A white wig should be worn to give the fizz effect.

I intend making some costume cans for a carnival.

Excuse me for being indelicate, but what if one of you has to go to the powder room?

Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh, what a relief it is....

I am thinking to cut up an icecream container, one that is rectangular in size with round corners, like the ones from Schwann's. Cut out the bottom of the container and then cut out the center and paint silver. I'm not sure if this will be size proportionate. Good luck!

For the plastic you could use that thick clear tarp plastic (Home Depot or Lowes) and if you want it more sturdy, you could always double it up! Good luck!

TRY USING THE PLASTIC BAGS FROM THE DRY CLEANERS...THEY COME ON A LONG ROLL AND COULD BE FOLDED AND TIED!!

Yeah... i think you could use foam or something of that sort. Or you could use plastic-rap.

Yea, I think you should make a soda can costume, and bring it over here, cause I'm a ketchup bottle, my friend is a mustard bottle, we also have lettuce, salt, pepper, my dog is a hot dog, and all we need is a soda can to make it a complete group

When my youngest son was in 5th grade, he wanted to be can of Pepsi for Halloween. We used an old blue shower curtain, for the body of the can; for the top of the can, a piece of cardboard was cut into a round, also put a hole in the middle for his head & painted it silver, for the can design, we used colored duct tape. To keep the can round, and pull the costume together, we used 1 inch plastic tubing purchased at a hardware store and made two hoops, one for each end we then attached the cardboard round to the top with the tubing and bottom of the shower curtain to the tubing. It worked out well. very roomy & comfortable suit. If he wanted to sit down, he would just hold the bottom hoop at his waist. Best outfit that we came up with over the years. Hope this helps.

Thats a great idea. I was also thinking of being a pepsi can because my dad works for pepsi! I too would like some ideas for how to make this. I was thinking of using a poster board but that wouldn't work out so great! I hope we can both figure it out.

Crafts Halloween CostumesSeptember 2, 2005
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄