Decorating a Corn Crib

In the vacant lot next to our house there is a Corn crib and I have decided to decorate this for the holiday of each month as our little town is celebrating its 125th year. I am stumped for November. I have Halloween already done and ideas for the rest of the months except November. Was thinking on the lines of Veteran's day. Got any good ideas? Thanks.

Nancy from Iowa

How about Thanksgiving? Use pilgrims and Indians like at the first Thanksgiving. Decorate with corn stalks and a plank table, etc. Help everybody remember what we have to be Thankful for.

January could be snow men and sleds maybe stick children with real clothes on to cover the sticks...

If you can be ready and get it out at the very beginning of November something along the lines of voting - a privilege and responsibility would be good Then follow up a few days after the 4th with a Thanksgiving theme.

You can use a basic Fall/Autumn theme with cornstalks, scarecrows, pumpkins, and gourds, etc.

I like the Veteran's Day idea a lot - my hubby is a Korean War vet, and my family has a long military history. If you're not comfortable using the flag itself, even an all-weather flag, perhaps red, white and blue plastic decorations? Most folks would say take them down after Veteran's Day, but I like the thought of leaving the display up all month. After all, our vets are one of many things for which to be thankful!

Holidays and Parties Parties DecorationsOctober 28, 2008
One side removed making the crib into a day bed for a toddler.
Alternative Uses for a Crib
Growing Indian Corn
Growing Indian Corn
bumper pads on stairs
Crafts and Other Uses for Crib Bumper Pads
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
🎉
🎄