AdviceWeddings

What Shoes Should I Wear to a Wedding?

I am a guest at a wedding which will be held in March 2006. I am not sure what colors or kinds of shoes to wear that are appropriate for this occasion. Can someone please help with this request?

Mijama from Houston, TX

First of all, what kind of outfit are you wearing? Try matching your shoes to it.

Black,silver, bronze or gold strappy sandals go with almost any outfit. If you have a purse that blends with the shoes, carry it.

What time is this wedding? You probably would wear the dressier (gold/silver/bronze) ones in the evening. Black leather or fabric sandals can go any time.

I attended a fancy evening wedding recently. I went to Dots, an inexpensive clothing store in my area. I got a brown velvet broomstick skirt, and a brown polyester crepe top with bronze colored bead trim. I already had brown leather strappy sandals with a flat heel. Bought some Bronze colored "pearl" jewelry at the dollar store, and looked good for $20.

I"d wear dress shoes that coordinated with my outfit...

An evening wedding would call for "dressier". You can wear any color EXCEPT white. That is definitely a bride color and a no-no for guests. Black is iffy, more accepted now-a-days but still a little bit funeralish. What ever you wear, you never want to outdress the bride.

The above brown velvet broomstick skirt sounds lovely. I had a next door neighbor who bought a nightgown at K-mart that looked like a long peach colored tee-shirt. She wore it with a colored scarf as a belt and a little jewelry and looked great. This lady could pull it off. Be inventive. Check the outfit in a full-length mirror and have fun!

I've always been told not to wear white at weddings, but it didn't pertain to shoes. Even so, I still go with the saying that you only wear white shoes after Easter until Labor Day. Off white would work depending on your outfit. but any color would really be ok. If anyone is going to complain about you wearing the wrong shoes, then they are spending too much time looking for something to criticize.

I just remember on Oprah that your shoes should match your hose...and not your necessarily the dress..in other words, not red skirt, black hose and red shoes..had never thought of this before, but it does look better...blending the hose with the shoes

What should I wear to an evening wedding? Should I wear a short or long dress? I'll actually be a bridesmaid at the wedding.