Miniature Pinecone Christmas Trees

These are little Christmas trees made of pine cones. I recommend this craft for kids 8 and over. These take about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to make.

Materials

• 2 to 4 inch pine cones, with or without a stem
  • a Popsicle stick
  • hot glue gun
  • several sizes and colors of small beads
  • Ad
  • green acrylic paint
  • small paint brush

Instructions

1. To make the Christmas tree stand, break or cut 2 inch pieces of Popsicle sticks and cross them over each other to make an X. Use hot glue to glue them together where they cross. Be careful not to touch the glue. It is HOT!.
  2. To level the "stand" put a dab of glue on the bottom end of each top Popsicle stick. Flip it over quickly while the glue it hot and press it lightly on a flat surface to flatten the glue and hold it there a few seconds while the glue sets. Lift it carefully and turn it back over.
  3. Put a small amount of glue on the center of the X and place the bottom of the pine cone into the glue and hold it there until the glue sets.
  4. Paint the pine cone green and let it dry. Then in each pocket of the pine cone, insert a colored bead and secure it with a tiny amount of glue.

By Jan

These are S-O-O-O cute. Thanks for sharing.

(sent by email)

I wanted to share my little xmas tree with the woman who posted hers

this week. I did the same thing but added a small tin bucket (Ikea

3/$1.50) And covered it in gold foil that I saved from a box of

chocolates. I then just added a little red paper string to the top

and bottom of the bucket to add some color. I think it turned out

nicely. These are so easy to make and I have the chance every morning while walking my dog to collect the pinecones so this is a very inexpensive little gift.

Lisa from Greece

These surprised me, they look really great! and would last for years. nice!

These are so very cute! I like to collect and save pinecones, but I resist because I don't have anything special in mind for them. Now I do! Thanks for sharing your idea.

I saw the picture before reading the instructions and I thought the beads were the trinkley lights and I was wondering how you got them on. Then I read the instructions and saw that they were beads. What a neat project.

Zig

Yes they are cute! Thanks! This will be my 1st Christmas as a married woman, and I'm trying to get different ideas,so that this Christmas will be an unforgettable one! Thanks again!

These are so cute! And easy too! I do crafts at a Christmas Party for kids and there are all ages. We can do these easily...I'll paint them ahead of time. Can't wait to get started! Thanks for the great idea!

I can't wait to make these with my son. I think I will use some cinnamon scented pinecones I bought at Joann's. Thanks for the idea!

They are sooo cute. I'm always looking for things to make with my kids. My daughter wants to make them for her teachers and favorite classmates. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

What a Great and Cute idea ! :)

Making Pinecone Christmas Trees
Making Pinecone Christmas Trees
Crafts Christmas DecorationsAugust 29, 2007
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Pinecone Christmas Ornaments
Making Pinecone Christmas Ornaments
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🎄