Craft Ideas Using Terra Cotta Pots

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with small terra cotta pots and drip pans. I bought some at hobby lobby and don't know what to do with them. I could plant something in them but I want to do a craft. Thanks.

By sassier299 from Burtchville, MI

I'm working on a project now using a dried section of bamboo. W/ bamboo horizontal, drilled holes thru bamboo, ran a length of fishing line thru, attach one end of line to top of bamboo, the other end runs thru hole in pot and ties to a metal washer to hang inside pot - sort of windchime effect. Paint or leave pots natural. Hang bamboo horizontally with pots hanging down at different lengths.

I like the idea of the bamboo and pots. How big around does the bamboo have to be and where did you get the bamboo?

I used the very small pots to make door prizes/centerpieces for tables. Put a small piece of foam in the pot and stick tiny flowers in to make a floral pot.

I have seen cute holiday decorations made with them. For instance, snowmen faces, Santa faces, pumpkins, etc. Just turn them upside down, paint the entire pot (for example white for a snowman), and use other paint and or accesories to put on the features. How about using small ones to hold candy. Decorate the pot the way you wish. Might make great party favors, school goodie containers, or given to nursing home patients for a holiday gift. I hope I explained myself ok. Have fun!

I've made candle holders out of them. Turn the pot upside down on a flat surface. Glue the saucer to the bottom of the pot. Saucer should be facing up. Paint anyway you like. I like to put felt or foam on the bottom of mine so they don't scratch surfaces.

I also make coasters out of the saucers. Paint them anyway you like and spray with a protective sealer. Glue felt on the bottom.

terra cotta flower pot person
Crafts Using Terra Cotta Flower Pots
Crafts AdviceJune 18, 2009
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Finished Clay Pot Angel
Clay Pot Craft Projects
Terra Cotta Pots
Cleaning Terra Cotta Pots
Terra Cotta Pots
Saving Money on Terra Cotta Pots
🎉
🎄