Take Photos of Complete Outfits

I enjoy wearing my separates in various combinations. Often when I've put together an outfit I really enjoy, I can't remember the top, bottom, jewelry, shoes, belt, hair accessories, etc. that made the whole ensemble a hit.

After receiving a camera phone as a gift, I've started to take pictures of myself wearing the outfit (use a full length mirror), I have a friend take the picture, or I just lay the pieces together on the floor. I will take close-ups of jewelry, belts, scarves, and shoes.

Transfer the pictures to your computer and print them. I use regular copy paper which is cheaper than photo paper. Assemble the pages in a 3-ring binder with vinyl sleeves, a photo book, or on a bulletin board if you have the space in a walk-in closet.

You can categorize by Casual City Wear, Country Wear, Clubbing, Summer, Winter, Dressy, or whatever helps you to find them. This has helped me recreate a smashing look and has challenged my creativity. Meanwhile I'm getting more use out of the clothes I have and saving money by preventing more purchases. Just as importantly, though, I'm no longer forgetting a smashing look nor do I ever feel that I have nothing to wear.

By Pinky from Granite Falls, MN

Great Idea! Another thing I love to do is to make an outfit, then hang it on one hanger. Sometimes, I have to double up the hanger so either it is strong enough, or if I want the pants/skirt/blouse seperate, but most of the time everything fits on just one.

This way, I am not out of room before I am out of clothes!

You might also enjoy something I submitted a while back.

They sure have helped me!

I do this for my elderly Great-Grand Aunt...she is getting forgetful and sometimes forgets clothing items, like belts with certain pants and skirts, or gets upset because she can't remember what jewelry or which sweater goes with which outfit...we stuck the photos on the outside of her closet door and she LOVES this idea!! they are all LARGE pictures...at least 8X10s...as she has vision problems...THANKYOU for submitting this tip...I never even thought to tell others!!

Organized Closet
Organizing Your Bedroom Closet
Organizing ClothingFebruary 24, 2009
Woman Planning Outfits
Planning Outfits
Organized Clothes in Closet
Organizing Clothes
Crochet Outfits for Polly Pocket Dolls
Crochet Outfits for Polly Pocket Dolls
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet