Removing Laser Toner from a Photo

How do I remove laser toner from a photo? The picture got in between some clean paper and was put into the printer by mistake.

By atvgrammy from Warsaw, MO

Answers

I just had this happen to me. If you very carefully scrape the photograph with a razor blade, you can scrape the laser toner off. If there are any tiny bumps in the picture, and you apply too much pressure, you will expose the white paper behind the photo. I was able to salvage the only copy I had of a particular photo of my son when he was in preschool, enough that I can now take it to a professional to Photoshop the remaining imperfections.