Mexican Bean Dip

Quick, easy and delicious. Tasty dip to serve with nachos or Fritos as an appetizer, or as a side dish for a Mexican meal. Easy to make with ingredients you can keep on hand for an "emergency" snack.

I always double the recipe because my guests, especially the guys, can polish off a single recipe within minutes after it's put out. I'm always asked to share the recipe, and it's so simple it doesn't even need to be written down.

• 1 - 3 oz. jar picante sauce (your choice of medium, mild, or hot)*
  • 1 - 16 oz. can of refried beans
  • 1 cup grated Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese

*Salsa can be substituted for the picante sauce if you'd like.

Directions:

Heat beans and picante sauce until it's bubbly. Add cheese and heat until cheese melts. Serve with tortilla chips, nachos, or Fritos.

You may choose to heat the ingredients in the microwave oven. I have a smaller size crockpot which I like to use. If I'm short on time, I heat it in the microwave and then transfer it to the crockpot for keeping it warm. Place several bowls of nachos, etc. beside the crockpot and watch the guests flock to that area of the food table. It is good leftover in the refrigerator or frozen for the next party.

By hatestowaste from Elon, NC

Hummus and Pita
Bean Dip Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican DipsMay 5, 2009
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
black bean burger
Bean Burger Recipes
Chicken Taquito Appetizers
Mexican Appetizer Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎉
🎄