Caring for a Lavender Plant

I finally have a lavender plant (tried many times from seed) that started out very small, but now is about 2 feet in diameter. It has last season's old growth on it. I was wondering if and how I should prune it and if there's any type of "food" it likes or diseases to look out for? It took so long to finally get a lavender plant I don't want to risk losing it. Thanks for your help!

Hardiness Zone: 6b

By Kim from Westminster, MD

Check out this website. http://www.thri  4822559.tip.html

It should give you some ideas. I cut mine back every year from about 5' across to about 3' across.

http://hubpages  to-grow-Lavender

Here's another site.

Growing Lavender
Growing Lavender
Home and Garden Gardening HerbsMarch 18, 2011
Lavender flower in clear liquid filled jar.
Making Lavender Water Recipes
lavender crystals, oil, and flowers
Lavender Bath Recipes
Lavender Essential Oil
Using Lavender Essential Oil
Uses for Lavender
Uses for Lavender
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 6:21:54 AM on 10.0.0.78 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.