Kayaking Tips

We just purchased a couple of used kayaks. Does anyone have any kayaking tips? They are sea kayaks, they will be used in lakes and in the Puget Sound (near Seattle).

Thanks,
LS from the NW

We have kayaks too----love them!! I have only used ours in lakes and ponds. (Mainly state parks in our area) But, for tips---I would search on Google, just type in kayaking tips---there are several helpful sites to check out!! Or try the library or bookstore on books, we have one about kayaking, the one I have is: Kayaking, whitewater and touring basics by Steven m. Krauzer----its a good one for beginners. Hope you enjoy the kayaks---we hope to use ours more this year!! If I think of any helpful ideas, I'll pass them on!!! Enjoy!!! :)

Thought of an idea----is there a local place that gives tours or lessons?? That is how I got into kayaking and found out we enjoyed it.

We just took ours out on Sunday to our state park---it was so nice to get them out!! And so relaxing!! I missed doing it for awhile since I have been pregnant. But, glad to get back into it again!!! :)

Travel and Recreation Recreation Boating TipsMarch 30, 2006
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 4:07:52 AM on 10.0.2.64 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.