Trade Spaces for an Inexpensive Getaway

contest winner icon

You can have an inexpensive getaway weekend or mini vacation just by trading spaces with a friend or family member. For example, my brother lives in the city and I live in the country about 45 miles away. If he is going out of town, he lets me know and then I can go spend the weekend in his apartment and experience city life. It is so much fun just to sleep in his bed; sit on his back deck with a cup coffee, etc.

Although my daughter lives in the same town as I, I enjoy staying at her house while she is gone because she has satellite TV, a whirlpool bathtub, and an in ground pool, and I get to enjoy it all for free!

By Margaret from Carrollton, GA

Love this idea :-) Hey, take it a step further and house sit for a neighbor, co-worker, etc. while they're out of town :-) It would be beneficial for them and an adventure for you :-)

Where does your brother live? I live in GA, too.

I live in Carrollton, Ga Awesome ~ also small world

Some of the campgrounds offer free weekend to help clean up before the summer rush. You spend a few hours cleaning up and the rest of the weekend is yours to enjoy.

Passport ontop of a travel newspaper page
Saving Money on Travel
Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 23, 2009
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Fair Trade Coffee
Buying Fair Trade Coffee
Small Walled Garden
Gardening in Small Spaces
🎉
🎄