Musty Odor on Stored Shoes

I have shoes and a bag that were in a box in my cellar. It was in a cedar box (I thought). How do I get rid of the odor from the cellar? I am hoping there aren't any bugs. Thank you.

Victoria

By Victoria from Fairview, NJ

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

We air out our camping items (which tend to get musty if it was raining when packed away last) in sunlight. I would start with putting them outside in the sun on a sunny day up off the ground.

Fill them with scrunched up newspaper and let them sit that way for a day or two. The carbon from the newspaper print usually gets rid of all odors and moisture too!

Musty Shoes
Cleaning Musty Odors From Shoes
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsOctober 20, 2009
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
An old wooden wardrobe.
Removing Musty Smell from a Wardrobe
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 11:29:34 AM on 10.0.0.126 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.