Gift Ideas for Mother's Birthday

My mother's birthday is next month. I have about 5 thousand Indian rupees. (My grandmother has a lot of money she can give, how much ever I want.) Money is not a problem.

A little about my mother: she is not interested to go to the spa, she hates jewelery like anything. She is on a diet so she doesn't like chocolates, is totally not interested in flowers and pictures.

I am buying her a cake. I thought of buying her a new pair of shoes and a set of chudies (an Indian dress). Does anyone have any ideas? (Her birthday is on May 4th 2011) and date of submission is 6th April 2011.
Cheers!

By Riya from Karanataka, India

Has she ever expressed interest in learning something like a hobby, etc? Since she is on a diet, she will need something to distract her in a happy way, from the habit of eating. Then, wearing her new shoes, and outfit, she could go and use a gift certificate for a class, or supplies for a new activity in her life.

Is she depressed? She seems to have cut the things most people like out of her life. How about a dinner where all the family gets to gether to honor her birthday. If she isn't pleased with that I think she might need to talk to someone.

Does she have any old friends that she has not seen in a while that may not be in the area that she lives? If so, maybe you could either arrange a trip for her to visit with them or pay to have them come to visit with her!

The best and most important gift you can give your mom is you! Spend as much of your time with her as possible on her birthday and simply thank her for being your mom and tell her that you love her!

Perhaps you both could make your shared favorite meal together (even if she is on a diet she would most likely have fun doing it even if she only eats a nibble of it), go for a walk, watch the sunrise or sunset together and talk, laugh, sing, smile and hug! Material gifts no matter how expensive are really, after all is said and done, absolutely nothing compared to sharing the gift of your heart and soul for the one you love who brought you into life!

It is difficult without knowing your mother's age. Does she have any hobbies that you could contribute to? Other possibilities are tickets to a play or movie, a DVD of her favorite movie, or a CD of her favorite group. Books are good as are puzzles. Does she like make-up? An out-of-season favorite fruit would be nice. Perfume, lotions, scarves, and as Deeli said, your self and time, spending the day with her.

I'm not familiar with Indian customs or what may or may not be available, so I hope I've mentioned some things that are available.

I always think just plain old time between a mother and daughter is vital, no matter what the age, religion or culture. Think of what just the two of you can do together and since money is not an object, I'd think of tickets somewhere for the two of you. You can both get all dressed up and look terrific. Is there a play or music you both can enjoy? Is getting your hair done acceptable to you both? Can it be done together if you make the appointment somewhere?

You sure know what your mom doesn't like-what does she like? Everyone likes something! How about a set of homemade coupons, 1 per month with things like a movie or play or concert, a trip to a botanical garden or zoo, a favorite dish she likes home-cooked by you, a lunch out, car wash or detail (if she drives), etc. a new book.

You should buy her some bangles and you can give her some homemade cards. Or you can take her out and have a mother/daughter kind of day and let her buy what she wants and then pay for it.

July 19, 2012 Flag

My mom's bday is in 2 days, she is 44. I don't know what to get her. I'm 17. Dad walked out on us. My brothers go to visit him. I get her pjs every year and slippers, but I want to get her something different this year. I don't have much money either. Any suggestions?

By Jessica

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Whatever you get her will be loved, but to make it really memorable, why not also write her a letter telling her how loved and appreciated she is, and be specific about little things she does that you really notice and appreciate. At this point in her life, she needs to know she's cared for, not just in an everyday, "I love you" but in some concrete way that she can read and re-read, and save for later when she needs it again.

I'm a little older than your mom, but trust me, I still feel wonderful when reading a note like that, and treasure it like it's gold. Add a card and something small that she'd consider too frivolous to buy for herself, like some crazy-scented hand lotion or a selection of eye-shadows or something, doesn't matter.... just whatever it is that you've seen her pick up smiling, but sigh, and put back on the shelf.

A great suggestion. Here's another. Print out, or do by hand on card stock, some coupons you can put in a book.

"Good for one car wash"

"Good for one back rub"

"Good for one day off to do anything or nothing"...you get the picture.

Read to her, wash the windows, clean something she can't...all good ways of telling her that you are there for her and will help whenever you can. And yes, fill a jar with little things she can take out when she is low that tell her how much she means to you.

She will cherish them for a lifetime. Guaranteed.

Sandi/PBP

A homemade card, a picture of you and your brothers, hugs, kisses and lots of love!

There are a lot of wonderful body or hand scrubs recipes on the internet that are easy and cheap to make. Can you make your mom a cake, too?

Definitely a Birthday card with your deepest thoughts. Give her a home spa (ck youtube) n a day off from cooking n cleaning. Good luck n have fun.happy BDay to mom!

A daughter hugging her mother on her birthday.
Birthday Gift Ideas for Your Mom
Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayApril 6, 2011
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
🎉
🎄