Russian Blue Tea

I am searching for a Russian Blue Tea. If anyone knows where I can find it, please advise. Thank you,

Barbara from Venice, FL

I've never had Russian "Blue" Tea but I do know how to made Russian Tea, I give it as part of my Christmas Baskets every year.

Mix together

1 cup unsweetened ice tea powder,

1/2 cup Tang,

1/2 cup lemon aid mix,

a teaspoon each of Clove powder and cinnamon and

a 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.

You can adjust the spices however you like but you can not use sugar free drink mixes. If you like it you can add other spices (think mulled wine).

Stir a couple teaspoons of the mix into a cup of hot water and you have a comforting drink.

I first tasted this at a fancy-shmancy art gallery my friend dragged me to: the art was horrible but the tea was wonderful! And like I said, in a pretty glass container it makes a good gift since the clove powder makes it look like a stratified sand sculpture.

Most "Russian" blue teas come from former Russian republics like Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. Instability in these areas has made these teas scarce. I would try to find an Iranian (Persian) market in your area if you don't have a large Tajik or Kyrgysh population near by. Good luck!

Russian Tea
Russian Tea Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesJuly 29, 2006
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion