Ikwezen (Pomeranian)

Ikwezen is a 1 1/2 year old Pomeranian. We rescued her when she was just handed over to a person who can't take of her kids nor an animal. This person left Ikwezen (means little girl in Ojibwe) outside all night with no shelter because the step mom won't allow dogs in the house. She was tied to a shoe lace with no water and no room to relieve herself.

My Boyfriend couldn't just walk by her and not rescue her because hes just like me when it comes to animals. So, he brought her home to me. I instantly fell in love with her and her with me. The girl finally came to see about her a day later and told me I can just have her, which of course I wasn't gonna give her back anyway.

She is also very timid around children and there is a whole lot of them over there. It wouldn't have been safe nor good for her well being to be in that house. So, this was 2 months ago and I have never regretted saving her from a horrible life she would have had.

Ikwezen loves be anywhere I am and she is starting to like rides in cars. She loves to do little dances for treats and go for walks..

I nearly lost my Little Girl last weekend. I noticed fleas on her so I gave her a flea bath in Hartz Ultra Guard.. Never knew the dangers of this stuff because I never had problems with fleas. The next day she was limping and by the middle of the week, she couldn't walk at all. I started doing research and found out the stuff was killing her and I washed her in Dawn dish soap. That saved her life. Today she is slowly getting around again. She is a very strong little dog with a lot of fight and love to give.

By Patricia from Cass Lake, MN