Discard Food Grease In Shredded Paper

When my son and daughter-in-law were here for Mother's Day she commented several times about my latest trick. We shred everything with critical information on it so I always have a good supply of shredded paper. When I have fat or any kind of cooking liquid I don't want going down my sink drain, I fill a can or a whipped cream bowl with "shreddings" and pour it in the bowl. I put the lid on it and set it in the can with my outside garbage.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

I shred everything including the critical stuff to. This is a great tip. Thanks for sharing.

Hmm. I think I need to try this. Hubby won't let me shred everything. Junk mail often slips through the cracks. Maybe he'll let me put it to good use this way and make our trash a little less messy.

pan for oil frying
Disposing of Cooking Oil and Grease
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMay 27, 2010
Shredded Paper
Making Shredded Paper for Crafts
Waste Bin Full of Shredded Paper
Recycling Shredded Paper
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper