Lining Drawers with Wall or Wrapping Paper

Has anyone ever tried to line drawers with wrapping paper or wall paper? If so, I'd like to know how well it worked. I have been trying to find suitable drawer liners, but the only ones I found are adhesive or rubberized which are expensive for lining a lot of drawers.

By Zerubabel from Covington, KY

I use wall paper as it is heavier then wrapping paper. Often local paint stores that carry wall paper will have rolls that are discounted either because they are discontinued or left over from builders. Some wall paper is washable for drawers in bathrooms or kitchens. Make your pattern out of paper before you try to put the wall paper roll in the drawer or you will drive yourself crazy. Good luck.

Yes I also put left over wallpaper in my bathroom drawers. It works very well. Be sure to measure them before you start, good luck.

Wall paper works great, plus you can get discontinued patterns for so cheap. I am even seeing higher end furniture using wallpaper to line the drawers as a selling feature. Go for it!

I've never tried this but it sounds beautiful, and I think you'd only have to cut the paper to fit the drawers. The thing I worry about is the paste on the back of the paper. Would the glue attract bugs? I don't even know if they use paste anymore. Good Luck!

Yes, it will! Roaches love to eat the glue! That's why I'm looking for an alternative that doesn't involve adhesive products.

I have drawers and cabinets lined for many years with wallpaper. It's great! Easy to wipe up, too. Lay it out, measure, cut, re-roll in opposite direction and lay down - don't glue! I used leftover paper - bought way too much! Enjoy!

I lined my drawers and cabinets in my kitchen about 10 years ago with wallpaper, and it still looks great! Linda :o)

Believe it or not, I used cheap floor tiles from the dollar store to line my kitchen drawers, cabinets, bathroom vanity, dresser drawers, linen closet shelves, etc. I got the no wax oak for my kitchen and bedroom, no wax marbelized for my bathroom and linen closet and when a spill or drip occurs in the bathroom it just wipes up like a charm. I will never use shelving paper, wallpaper or wrapping paper again.

Anonymous

Yes use it all the time. I use gift paper from hobby lobby. They have beautiful colors and patterns.

I paint a lot of old furniture so what I do to spruce up in the inside of the drawers is stain them like this http://tinyurl.com/j7luqa6