This is a quick and easy project you can make using bits and pieces of items you probably already have around the house. You can finish several, as described below, and hang them on a tree, or finish several without ribbons and flowers and use them to add to a table centerpiece or fill a bowl to set out as decoration.
Crafting Time: 20 - 30 minutes
What You Need:
- two or three ply decorative table napkins
- plastic eggs
- white glue
- paint brush
- crystal glitter
- ribbon (optional)
- small silk flowers (optional)
- Pull the sheets (layers) of a napkin apart. You will use only the decorative sheet. Cut this sheet into small squares.
- Use a brush to spread white glue over the surface of an egg, one section at a time. Lay the napkin squares onto the glue. Brush additional glue over the napkin squares to seal them onto the egg. Allow the glue to dry.
- Brush white glue over the surface of the egg once again. This time, sprinkle crystal glitter over the glue. Allow the egg to dry again.
- If desired, glue a ribbon loop and a few small silk flowers to one end of the egg.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
March 27, 20070 found this helpful
These eggs are just darling. I was wondering if you were using colored glitter or just clear crystal glitter?
I would love to make bowlful of these for Easter.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
April 6, 20070 found this helpful
On a recent Carol Duvall show, she was dyeing eggs after wrapping them in thin strips of masking tape to make the eggs different colors. The idea she had to keep the eggs off the work surface to dry was to cut a square piece of cardboard and use push pins stuck in the cardboard from the underside like a tripod to hold the egg to dry. Thought this might work for these beautiful eggs too. Love this idea. Now's the time to buy cheap eggs in different sizes at the after-Easter sales.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 27, 2016 at 2:45:40 AM on 10.0.1.31 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us