Changing a Wedding Reception Location

My wedding reception venue has just changed. The wedding is July 12, 2009 and invitations just went out a week ago (most guests are out of town/state). How do I notify guests of the change? The venues are within 1 mile of each other. Is there a proper way? What about wording? The wedding is still at the church, just the reception venue changed due to unforeseen circumstances.

By Brittsmama from Atlantic Beach, FL

Tell them all at the wedding about the change of venue for the reception!

On top of however you decide to let them know, I would see if you can post a letter at the old place notifying people of the change.....just in case someone doesn't get the word! Say, if you decide to tell them at the wedding, maybe there would be someone who couldn't make the wedding but was going to the reception. Congratulations!

Perhaps it would be worth your while, once you get a fair number of the RSVP cards back, to notify those people via postcard? That's less expensive than a sealed letter.

Or, if you have email addresses for prospective attendees, I'd draft a "form email" notification.

Last but not least, be sure to post something at the original reception location - big enough to spot, but not gauche - that "The Jones reception location has been moved to..." and list the new location. Include a cell phone number for anyone needing directions. Folks can get lost, even in just one mile, lol!

You know, I hadn't even thought about posting something at the Church! I must be brain dead after all this planning, lol.

I ordered 'oops' cards and just had the new location printed in it, then mailed them out or hand delivered them to those whom I work with.

I will be sure to print a few 'reminders' and place them at the church, as well as have my pastor mention it. I wasn't sure if that was 'acceptable' or not ;)

Are you doing wedding bulletins? You could publish the new location there, with a map if needed, and ask your officiant to let everyone know after the ceremony, just after introducing you as "Mr & Mrs" and before you sashay down the isle. The bulletin can also let your guests know the wedding party and the order of service. For wording, visit www.verseit.com

Weddingstar offers wedding bulletins that you can print with your computer, and it is inexpensive.

http://www.weddingstar.com/us/weddi ... sories/stationery/wedding_bulletins/

Weddings ReceptionApril 28, 2009
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
🎉
🎄